United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO) – News & Resources
- Patent Wednesdayby lshelton on October 31, 2020 at 3:19 pm
Patent Wednesday events are tailored for businesses, inventors, entrepreneurs, and small business owners. They take place on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Courtesy email reminders about upcoming registration maintenance filing deadlinesby dharris5 on October 31, 2020 at 3:19 pm
We send courtesy email reminders to registration owners of upcoming post-registration maintenance filing deadlines for Sections 8 and 71 declarations and Section 9 renewals. We…
- Free Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium March 3by acamarota on October 31, 2020 at 3:19 pm
- Augmenting abilityby rfritchman on October 31, 2020 at 3:19 pm
From a young age, Susann Keohane was intrigued by innovation. Though she expressed an innate interest and talent in math, it took the completion of…
- Comments on Facilitating the Use of WIPO’s ePCT System to Prepare International Applications for Filing with the United States Receiving Officeby rtamayo on October 31, 2020 at 3:19 pm
The following comments have been submitted in response to the notice of proposed rulemaking titled ” Facilitating the Use of WIPO’s ePCT System to Prepare…
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) – News & Resources
- Reflections on IP: An interview with WIPO Director General Francis Gurryby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 6:00 am
Francis Gurry reflects on his experience over the past 12 years at the helm of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and discusses some of the major challenges that lie ahead for the international intellectual property (IP) community.
- Global Innovation Index 2020: Who Will Finance Innovation?by WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:59 am
Amid the economic turmoil triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 edition of the GIobal Innovation Index explores the question of who will finance innovation? Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, Senior Economist at WIPO and co-editor of the report, discusses some of its key findings.
- Meet WIPO’s first IP Youth Ambassador: Santiago Mena Lópezby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:58 am
Meet WIPO’s first Intellectual Property (IP) Youth Ambassador, award-winning writer, Santiago Mena López. The young author talks about his novel and shares his views about the importance of IP to creators and the need to raise IP awareness among young people.
- The invention of rechargeable batteries: An interview with Dr. Akira Yoshino, 2019 Nobel laureateby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:57 am
In 2019, Dr. Akira Yoshino was awarded the Nobel Prize for his work in inventing the world’s first lithium-ion battery. Dr. Yoshino talks about the challenges he overcame in developing lithium-ion batteries and the role that strategic use of patent rights has played in the commercialization of these power packs.
- Enda: Kenya’s first home-grown running shoeby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:56 am
Kenyan entrepreneur Navalayo Osembo-Ombati gave up a job at the United Nations in New York to set up a business making running shoes in Kenya, fulfilling her dream of building on Kenya’s rich sporting heritage while creating livelihood opportunities for local communities.
European Patent Office (EPO) – News & Resources
- EPO and KIPO heads of office strengthen ties, renew MoUon October 29, 2020 at 11:00 pm
EPO President António Campinos held his first meeting with Kim Yong Rae, the new Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office, on Friday, 30 October 2020
- Meeting of the SACEPO Working Party on Ruleson October 22, 2020 at 10:00 pm
As part of continued efforts to consult, inform and engage its users, the EPO recently hosted a videoconference with the Standing Advisory Committee (SACEPO) Working Party on Rules.
- Joint communiqué – EPO-CNIPA pilot starts on 01 December, 2020on October 19, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Chinese patent applicants will be able to designate EPO as ISA, giving them an additional option for their international search
- EPO celebrates Just Peace Month in The Hagueon October 7, 2020 at 10:00 pm
This year, the EPO is a partner for the first time of Just Peace Month, organised by the city of The Hague.
- EPO-USPTO co-operation to support innovatorson October 7, 2020 at 10:00 pm
EPO President António Campinos met with Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Andrei Iancu.
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) – News & Info
- Official Statistics: Monthly statistics: Patents, trade marks, and designs: Aug 2020by HM Government on October 30, 2020 at 12:04 pm
These statistics include monthly data for designs, patents, trade marks.
- Notice: References to the Court of Justice of the European Unionby HM Government on October 30, 2020 at 8:24 am
We provide advice to Ministers, who decide whether the UK should submit observations and intervene in Court of Justice (CJ) cases concerning IP
- Open consultation: Review of the IP enforcement framework: Call for Evidenceby HM Government on October 29, 2020 at 3:56 pm
This informal Call for Evidence seeks views on the cost and effectiveness of judicial processes when protecting IP rights in the UK
- Detailed guide: Requests for opinions: 2020by HM Government on October 29, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Information about opinions requests we have received this year.
- Notice: Trade marks and designs: hearing diariesby HM Government on October 29, 2020 at 11:44 am
Details of all scheduled trade mark (unless otherwise specified) procedural hearings, main hearings and appeals to the appointed person.
European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) – News & Info
- Feed has no items.