United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO) – News & Resources
- Virus scanning software release highlightsby bkrueger on April 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
The online TEAS and TEASi forms were updated on Saturday, February 13, for system enhancements. All TEAS and TEASi forms Audio and visual file scanning…
- Scott Frankby jmartin1 on April 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
Scott Frank is the President & CEO of AT&T Intellectual Property LLC. He is responsible for the identification, development, protection, management, marketing, licensing and sale…
- IP basics and USPTO resources for SBIR/STTR applicants and support organizationsby tverigan on April 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
This session covers basics of intellectual property (IP) and an overview of the resources that the United States Patent and Trademark Office offers to small business. The session will also cover the basics of the SBA’s SBIR/STTR program.
- USPTO to allow filing of initial patent term extension applications via patent electronic filing systems in response to the COVID-19 outbreakby akraft1 on April 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
Patentees will be permitted to file initial patent term extension applications that meet certain criteria via EFS-Web or Patent Center
- PTAB Operational FAQs (May 29, 2020)by fhan on April 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
PTAB Operational FAQs Although electronic filings are strongly encouraged, paper filings are available if needed. Applicants…
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) – News & Resources
- ABBA’s Björn Ulvaeus puts artists’ interests center stageby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 7:00 am
Bjorn Ulvaeus outlines his ambitions as CISAC President and shares his vision of the role that technology will play in placing creators at the heart of a transformed music industry ecosystem.
- Diversity and overlapping IP rights in the comic worldby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:59 am
A recent WIPO study, “Batman forever? The economics of overlapping rights” explores how comic characters are protected under both copyright law and trademark law and what this means in economic and policy terms.
- El Salvador makes a fashion statement with its handbagsby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:58 am
El Salvador’s Minister of the Economy, María Luisa Hayem, reflects on how government-led intellectual property awareness programs are supporting El Salvador’s flourishing handicraft sector, as demonstrated by the success of emerging young female design entrepreneurs Eva Innocenti and Raquel Arana.
- Genetic scissors: at the cutting-edge of lifeby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:57 am
The gene-editing tool, CRISPR-Cas9, is one of the most important scientific developments so far this century. In October 2020, the two scientists responsible for developing it, Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer Doudna, were awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. What is the transformative potential of CRISPR technology and what issues is it raising?
- The African Continental Free Trade Area: a significant role for IPby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:56 am
The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on economies across the globe, including in Africa. In the absence of the fiscal resources for the multi-billion-dollar stimulus packages of wealthier countries, African economies are looking to the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) to catalyze Africa’s post-pandemic recovery and its transition to a knowledge-based economy.
European Patent Office (EPO) – News & Resources
- Working with users to improve the European patent granting process and patent documentationon April 6, 2021 at 10:00 pm
SACEPO Working Parties on Rules, e-Patent Process, and Patent Information and Documentation all met virtually in March.
- EPO and ELLIS sign Memorandum of Understandingon March 31, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The President of the European Patent Office (EPO), António Campinos, and the President of the ELLIS Society, Bernhard Schölkopf, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 25 March.
- EPO launches new Online Filing 2.0 serviceon March 31, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Online Filing 2.0 incorporates and improves the features of new online filing (CMS), and offers a more user-friendly interface.
- Trilateral Offices agree on a new vision statementon March 30, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The new vision statement of the Trilateral offices has been agreed, which originates from the 38th Trilateral Conference in December 2020. During the virtual conference, the heads of the European Patent Office (EPO), Japan Patent Office (JPO) and United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) committed to jointly develop the new future direction for the Trilateral Co-operation.
- EPO continues oral proceedings by videoconference in examination and opposition during pendency of referral G 1/21on March 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm
During the pendency of referral G 1/21 concerning the legality of oral proceedings by VICO, oral proceedings in examination and opposition will continue to be held by VICO as scheduled
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) – News & Info
- Promotional material: IPO events calendarby HM Government on April 8, 2021 at 8:24 am
Events which have an intellectual property or business focus.
- Detailed guide: Requests to amend a patent after grantby HM Government on April 7, 2021 at 3:30 am
Applications received to amend the specification of a patent under sections 27 and 75 before the court and the Office.
- Notice: Patent Journal special notices: 6881by HM Government on April 7, 2021 at 3:30 am
Publication date 7 April 2021.
- Detailed guide: Search UK trade mark classesby HM Government on April 6, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Use this service to find goods and services that would be acceptable as part of a UK trade mark application.
- Detailed guide: Copyright: orphan worksby HM Government on April 6, 2021 at 1:21 pm
How to get permission to copy a creative work for which the right holder(s) cannot be found ie an orphan work.
European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) – News & Info
- Feed has no items.