United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO) – News & Resources
- Attend online: #USPTOJobs | 2021 Patent examiner recruitment open houseby swatson on February 28, 2021 at 2:46 am
Are you a recent or soon-to-be graduate interested in a career as a patent examiner? Attend our virtual career fair on March 9 at 2…
- Learn online how examiners approach After Final Practiceby mjohnson8 on February 28, 2021 at 2:46 am
This training features detailed hypothetical examples to provide a refresher on best practices for an examiner’s response to arguments and claim amendments after a final rejection. Additional details about examiner implementation of the After Final Consideration Pilot 2.0 (AFCP 2.0) will also be discussed.
- EFS-Web Announcements Archive 2019by awinn1 on February 28, 2021 at 2:46 am
Advisory (16JUL2019): Verified USPTO.gov account required for EFS-Web and Private PAIR Practitioners and independent inventors need a verified USPTO.gov account to access EFS-Web for registered…
- Patent Center Beta now availableby akraft1 on February 28, 2021 at 2:46 am
New tool features the ability to submit a single DOCX document
- USPTO announces winners of the National Patent Drafting Competitionby akraft1 on February 28, 2021 at 2:46 am
Top three teams determined during the national competition
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) – News & Resources
- ABBA’s Björn Ulvaeus puts artists’ interests center stageby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 7:00 am
Bjorn Ulvaeus outlines his ambitions as CISAC President and shares his vision of the role that technology will play in placing creators at the heart of a transformed music industry ecosystem.
- Diversity and overlapping IP rights in the comic worldby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:59 am
A recent WIPO study, “Batman forever? The economics of overlapping rights” explores how comic characters are protected under both copyright law and trademark law and what this means in economic and policy terms.
- El Salvador makes a fashion statement with its handbagsby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:58 am
El Salvador’s Minister of the Economy, María Luisa Hayem, reflects on how government-led intellectual property awareness programs are supporting El Salvador’s flourishing handicraft sector, as demonstrated by the success of emerging young female design entrepreneurs Eva Innocenti and Raquel Arana.
- Genetic scissors: at the cutting-edge of lifeby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:57 am
The gene-editing tool, CRISPR-Cas9, is one of the most important scientific developments so far this century. In October 2020, the two scientists responsible for developing it, Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer Doudna, were awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. What is the transformative potential of CRISPR technology and what issues is it raising?
- The African Continental Free Trade Area: a significant role for IPby WIPO on December 18, 2020 at 6:56 am
The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on economies across the globe, including in Africa. In the absence of the fiscal resources for the multi-billion-dollar stimulus packages of wealthier countries, African economies are looking to the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) to catalyze Africa’s post-pandemic recovery and its transition to a knowledge-based economy.
European Patent Office (EPO) – News & Resources
- Heads of the EPO and INPI Brazil take stock of their technical and strategic reinforced partnershipon February 25, 2021 at 11:00 pm
EPO President António Campinos met the President of the National Institute of Industrial Property of Brazil (INPI), Cláudio Vilar Furtado, on 25 February to discuss co-operation on enhancing the patent system and better supporting innovators in Europe and Brazil
- Deeper insights into the patent systemon February 15, 2021 at 11:00 pm
EPO Academic Research Programme publishes five final research reports
- Intellectual property in the digital age in focus at conference held under Portugal’s EU Presidencyon February 11, 2021 at 11:00 pm
EPO President António Campinos spoke about the importance of supporting innovation at the opening of a high-level online conference on IP held on the occasion of Portugal’s EU Council Presidency.
- Working together to simplify the patent system: First common practices agreed by EPO member stateson February 11, 2021 at 11:00 pm
The first two common practices – in the areas of examination of unity of invention, and designation of the inventor – were endorsed by member states at a meeting of the organisation’s Administrative Council in December 2020.
- EPO and EUIPO sign partnership agreement with the Technical University of Munichon February 9, 2021 at 11:00 pm
The European Patent Office (EPO) and European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Technical University of Munich (TUM) on 4 February 2021 to offer TUM graduates the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience as trainees in both Offices.
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) – News & Info
- News story: Disruption to IP Renewals serviceby HM Government on February 26, 2021 at 10:33 am
Service taken offline temporarily
- Detailed guide: Requests for opinions: 2020by HM Government on February 25, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Information about opinions requests we have received this year
- Official Statistics: Monthly statistics: Patents, trade marks, and designs: December 2020by HM Government on February 25, 2021 at 9:25 am
These statistics include monthly data for designs, patents, trade marks.
- Notice: Trade marks and designs: hearing diariesby HM Government on February 24, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Details of all scheduled trade mark (unless otherwise specified) procedural hearings, main hearings and appeals to the appointed person.
- Detailed guide: International EU protected designsby HM Government on February 24, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Changes for businesses and holders of international EU protected designs.
European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) – News & Info
- Feed has no items.