United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO) – News & Resources
- Patent Public Advisory Committee executive sessionby pbarcia on August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Roundtable Discussion Activity Speaker The Patent Public Advisory Committee (PPAC) will have deliberative discussions regarding pre-decisional confidential information with respect to USPTO strategic planning and…
- Next week: USPTO to hear public feedback on implementation of the Trademark Modernization Actby Anonymous on August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
[[VIEW_THIS]] Trademark Alert Next week: USPTO to hear public feedback on implementation of the Trademark Modernization Act On March 1, beginning at 1 p.m. ET…
- Drawings and specimens as application requirementsby dharris5 on August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
A drawing and a specimen are not the same. A drawing shows what the trademark is. A specimen shows how you’re actually using your trademark…
- Common problems in applicationsby dharris5 on August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
As you file, be careful not to make these common errors. Some are easily fixable, but unfortunately some are not, and some may require re-starting…
- Application filing basisby dharris5 on August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
You must specify the legal reason for why you are allowed to federally register your trademark. This is known as a filing basis. There are…
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) – News & Resources
- Global publishing post-COVID: an interview with Bodour Al Qasimiby WIPO on June 25, 2021 at 6:00 am
President of the International Publishers’ Association, Sheika Bodour bint Sultan Al Qasimi discusses the challenges confronting publishers in the post-COVID era.
- When video games meet IP lawby WIPO on June 25, 2021 at 5:59 am
For years, video games development has been one of the fastest growing sectors of the entertainment industry, Anna Piechówka, IP Counsel at industry leader, CD PROJEKT RED, takes a closer look at some of the specific challenges that this complex medium presents for IP protection.
- Empowering SMEs to leverage IP for innovationby WIPO on June 25, 2021 at 5:58 am
A closer look at how companies can use IP for economic success and social impact and some of the on-going challenges they face in managing their IP assets.
- Julius K9®: harnessing innovation to meet dog lovers’ needsby WIPO on June 25, 2021 at 5:57 am
Gyula Sebő founder and CEO of Julius K-9®, a leading canine accessories brand, who has dedicated his professional life to pet welfare innovations, explains why it is so important for companies like his to have a carefully crafted IP strategy in place from day one.
- GI protection revives caper production on Pantelleriaby WIPO on June 25, 2021 at 5:56 am
Gabriele Lasagni, CEO of Bonomi&Giglio, a leading producer of capers on the island of Pantelleria in Italy explains how GI protection has supported caper production on the island and enabled his company to thrive as well as his plans for the future.
European Patent Office (EPO) – News & Resources
- Latest guide to preparing for the EQE is now onlineon July 29, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The 10th edition of the guide to preparing for the European qualifying examination (EQE) is now available online.
- EPO and City of Munich nurture future leaders and innovators at global summiton July 26, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The One Young World Summit, held from 22 – 25 July, saw delegates attend a series of speeches, panels, networking events and workshops.
- Exploring future possibilities: European Patent Office publishes “Towards a new normal”on July 22, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Today the European Patent Office (EPO) published ”Towards a new normal”, an orientation document to explore how the Office can capitalise on new opportunities in a potentially post-COVID-19 era.
- High-level online meetings enhance user engagement at the EPOon July 21, 2021 at 10:00 pm
As part of the EPO’s continuous dialogue with users across all sectors, the latest in a series of high-level meetings with applicants took place on Wednesday 21 July.
- New report reveals global patenting trends in space technologieson July 20, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Joint study by EPO, the European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) and the European Space Agency (ESA) shows the rapid growth in patenting activity, driven by growth of private operators
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) – News & Info
- Transparency data: Intellectual Property Office: structure chartby HM Government on August 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
The structure and roles of senior management at the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).
- Press release: IP at the heart of new innovation strategyby HM Government on July 29, 2021 at 2:19 pm
The UK government’s innovation strategy sets out how the UK aims to be a global leader in innovation and a strong intellectual property system will be key to make that happen.
- Speech: World Trade Organization General Council, July 2021: UK statementsby HM Government on July 29, 2021 at 12:28 pm
The UK’s Permanent Representative to the WTO in Geneva, Simon Manley, spoke on a variety of agenda items at the WTO General Council 28-29 July 2021.
- Guidance: Requests for opinions: 2021by HM Government on July 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Information about opinions requests we have received this year.
- Official Statistics: Monthly statistics: Patents, trade marks, and designs: June 2021by HM Government on July 29, 2021 at 8:30 am
These statistics include monthly data for designs, patents, trade marks.
European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) – News & Info
- Feed has no items.