United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO) – News & Resources
- PTAB’s Motion to Amend Pilot Program shows promising resultsby polsen on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm
- IP policy eventsby llarrimore on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm
Public events related to the topic of IP policy or international affairs.
- USPTO update on in-person meetingsby jmetzger on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm
In-person meetings with parties and stakeholders at USPTO offices will be conducted remotely by video or telephone.
- USPTO notices regarding COVID-19by llarrimore on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm
Please find here updates from the United States Patent and Trademark Office during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. USPTO announces COVID-19 deferred-fee provisional patent application pilot…
- USPTO offices closed to the publicby echu on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm
All USPTO offices will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) – News & Resources
- Reflections on IP: An interview with WIPO Director General Francis Gurryby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 6:00 am
Francis Gurry reflects on his experience over the past 12 years at the helm of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and discusses some of the major challenges that lie ahead for the international intellectual property (IP) community.
- Global Innovation Index 2020: Who Will Finance Innovation?by WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:59 am
Amid the economic turmoil triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 edition of the GIobal Innovation Index explores the question of who will finance innovation? Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, Senior Economist at WIPO and co-editor of the report, discusses some of its key findings.
- Meet WIPO’s first IP Youth Ambassador: Santiago Mena Lópezby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:58 am
Meet WIPO’s first Intellectual Property (IP) Youth Ambassador, award-winning writer, Santiago Mena López. The young author talks about his novel and shares his views about the importance of IP to creators and the need to raise IP awareness among young people.
- The invention of rechargeable batteries: An interview with Dr. Akira Yoshino, 2019 Nobel laureateby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:57 am
In 2019, Dr. Akira Yoshino was awarded the Nobel Prize for his work in inventing the world’s first lithium-ion battery. Dr. Yoshino talks about the challenges he overcame in developing lithium-ion batteries and the role that strategic use of patent rights has played in the commercialization of these power packs.
- Enda: Kenya’s first home-grown running shoeby WIPO on September 16, 2020 at 5:56 am
Kenyan entrepreneur Navalayo Osembo-Ombati gave up a job at the United Nations in New York to set up a business making running shoes in Kenya, fulfilling her dream of building on Kenya’s rich sporting heritage while creating livelihood opportunities for local communities.
European Patent Office (EPO) – News & Resources
- EPO and CNIPA discuss future co-operation at annual meetingon December 3, 2020 at 11:00 pm
EPO President António Campinos and Commissioner of the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) Shen Changyu discussed recent developments and future co-operation between the offices at their annual bilateral meeting today.
- Winners of first ever EPO CodeChallenge announcedon November 30, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Award ceremony recognises top achievers in first ever AI challenge
- Virtual East meets West forum provides platform to share IP knowledgeon November 25, 2020 at 11:00 pm
The EPO’s 15th annual East meets West conference, and the first to be held in a virtual format ended yesterday and offered a platform for an exchange on global intellectual property (IP) topics, with particular focus on Asia.
- German Bundestag approves ratification bill on the Unified Patent Court Agreementon November 25, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Today, the German Parliament adopted with the necessary two-thirds majority the ratification bill on the Unified Patent Court Agreement (UPCA).
- New EPO study: European patents preferred tool for the commercialisation of inventions developed by Europe’s universities and public research organisationson November 23, 2020 at 11:00 pm
A new study published by the European Patent Office (EPO) today, 24 November 2020, shows that European universities and public research organisations use European patents as the main instrument to exploit their inventions commercially.
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) – News & Info
- Detailed guide: EU trade mark protection and comparable UK trade marks from 1 January 2021by HM Government on December 3, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Guidance for businesses and organisations holding EU trade marks at the end of the transition period.
- Detailed guide: Changes to EU and international designs and trade mark protection from 1 January 2021by HM Government on December 3, 2020 at 1:22 pm
Guidance for businesses holding registered Community designs and international trade marks and designs after the end of the transition period.
- Detailed guide: Requests for opinions: 2020by HM Government on December 3, 2020 at 11:19 am
Information about opinions requests we have received this year.
- News story: Planned system maintenance: 11pm 31 December 2020 to 1pm 4 January 2021by HM Government on December 3, 2020 at 10:00 am
IPO Internal and external services for trade marks and designs disrupted.
- Notice: Patent Journal special notices: 6863by HM Government on December 2, 2020 at 4:30 am
Publication date 2 December 2020.
European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) – News & Info
- Feed has no items.